What’s better than the perfect movie to watch after a long day at work? I know, the perfect movie snack. And today, I am providing you with the perfect little treat. It’s quick and easy to make. Even better you may have all of the items in your home already.
4 to 5 cups of Cheerios
1/2 cup Peanut Butter
1/2 cup Honey
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Add the honey, vanilla extract, and peanut butter to a large microwave-safe bowl.
2. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Remove and stir until well combined.
3. Return the bowl to the microwave for another 30 to 45 secondes.
4. Add the Cheerios and stir until the cereal is well coated.
5. Place onto a parchment-lined baking sheet with an ice cream scooper. (You can shape them on the parchment paper). Allow the bars to set for at least 45 minutes. (While the bars should be hard enough to pick up within 45 minutes, we suggest putting the treats in the fridge while they set).
Store in an airtight container for an on-the-go snack.
Optional variation: I included a 1/2 cup of Reese’s morsels and a 1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to the mixture (see Step 1). You can also add in white chocolate chips or any other hard topping while making your mixture in Step 1.
We hope you enjoy!